Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Fuel pressure regulator question.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Curto's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I need some help diagnosing a problem. Hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction so I can fix this annoying sound. I believe I'm having a problem with the FP regulator. I have a strange noise coming from the return fuel line on the fuel tank. It only happens when I start to apply pressure to the acceleration pedal. It only lasts a couple seconds then goes away... I don't have a fuel pressure gauge. I wish I did. I do have a fuel/air gauge thou. When I get this sound that gauge goes crazy. It goes back and forth from lean to rich really fast. After the sound goes away everything is fine. I am wondering if I may be having a problem with my FP regulator. I just replaced the fuel pump. Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thank you in advance... If I have left anything out please post it and I will respond ASAP. smile

    ------------------
    ********************************
    97 Acura GS
    JRSC (6psi) soon to be 8-10psi
    Walbro Fuel pump
    MSD 6AL ignition, coil, distributor, wires
    APEX VFC
    DC Headers
    DC Exhaust
    AEM Intake
    AEM Cam Sprockets
    Jet Racing ECU

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds coming from the return line or FPR seem very unlikely.

    What are you doing with the thottle and how fast? What RPMs?

    Are you sure it isn't detonation? Since the A/F gauge is moving back and forth it sounds like you're not at WOT.

    Greg

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Curto's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have actually taken out the back seat and put my finger on the return line. I can feel vibrations from the return line. Not the feed line. I am very pissed off at the mechanic that has been working on my car. He has no idea. He is actually the recommended mechanic for a JRSC reseller. This guy has no idea and I need to find a new mechanic or fix it myself. This only happens at low rpms... I will pay more attention to the range next time I'm out...

    ------------------
    ********************************
    97 Acura GS
    JRSC (6psi) soon to be 8-10psi
    Walbro Fuel pump
    MSD 6AL ignition, coil, distributor, wires
    APEX VFC
    DC Headers
    DC Exhaust
    AEM Intake
    AEM Cam Sprockets
    Jet Racing ECU

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where ya from?

    ------------------
    96 Integra RS w/JRSC @ 6psi.
    DC DAC Intake (cut)
    DC Front+Rear Strut Bars
    DC Rear Lower Tie Bar
    DC Short Shifter
    Eneki 15" Wheels
    Toyo Proxes FZ-4
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Powerstop Rotors Front+Rear
    DC Ceramic 4-2-1 Header
    DC Stainless Exhaust
    Axxis MetalMaster Pads
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    Piaa 1100 Driving Lamps
    Mugen Thermostat
    Mugen Cap
    Jackson Racing BTC

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Curto's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm in San Jose, CA.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2000
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine does did this tooo... while not at WOT, in closed loop, you still can make some boost and thus the ECU still is bouncing the fuel back and forth... but u might feel weird pulsations in the power along with the fuel.... it becomes more appearant because now with the extra boost you're making more power then you would have while running the more NA....

    After i got rid of the FPR riser and just tuned with big injectors and was able to set the fuel so that i get extra ... enough to cover the extra boost at tip in this problem pretty much was resolved...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MDA, what equipment are you using to tune your fuel with larger injectors?

    Thanks.

    ------------------
    Bone stock GSR

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2000
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    just an SAFC.... I'm not saying it's the best solution.. because to be honest i wasnt all that impressed with it ... i think a true standalone system with full (on it's own) fuel mapping is required to make everything as smooth as OEM.... but still it does work better....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MDA, I am looking for the best way to tune the fuel delivery.

    The JR FPR seems to be more of a 'hack' solution instead of the best one for getting the right mixture and OEM reliability.

    What do you guys think?

    Curto I apologize for not helping fix your problem directly (dont have an SC yet), but maybe some different insights will help.


    ------------------
    Bone stock GSR

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Curto's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone know a really good tuner I can take my car to in the San Jose, CA area????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •